Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Changes in attitude...

Life is fun!

I think I forgot that somewhere along the way, and it's taken me a really long time to remember.

I went on a long bike ride on the River Mountain Trail on Saturday. I rode harder and farther then I had before and had a blast doing it! Along the way I fell off my bike (OK, we're calling it a "tip over") and had a classic "Bonk"... and it was so much fun! Hills, sweat, pain, exhaustion... and the most incredible turkey sandwich from Capriotti's when I was done!

Sunday was our last training walk before the San Diego Rock 'n' Roll 1/2 Marathon on June 6th. It was 7.5 miles long, but felt easy. I'm finding that I'm able to use my body in ways that I couldn't have imagined two years ago. I'm finding my body, and I'm finding myself along the way.

I'm also finding that I have more confidence... I took a chance and emailed someone whom I had seen online. I was lucky, and he emailed me back. I don't want to jinx it, but let me just say that so far things are really going well, and I'm feeling optimistic!

Did I say life is fun? Life is GOOD too!

No comments:

Post a Comment